- UCLA Department of Statistics http://www.stat.ucla.edu/
- University of California Department of Statistics website.
- Statistical Consulting Center Forums http://scc.stat.ucla.edu/forums
- SCC Forums on the topics of R, GRASS, LaTeX, and Multivariate Analysis.
- Los Angeles Area R Users’ Group http://www.meetup.com/LAarea-R-usergroup
- This group is aimed to bring together practitioners (from industry and academia alike) in order to exchange knowledge and experience in solving data analysis/statistical problems by using R. Besides discussing techniques and solutions in R, emphasis will be put on providing a good understanding of the data analysis and statistical modeling methodologies used. Also, we will devote time to help new users become familiar with R and its numerous capabilities.
- Los Angeles Area GRASS Users’ Group http://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Area-GRASS-Users-Group
- This group is aimed to bring together practitioners (from industry and academia alike) in order to exchange knowledge and experience in solving spatial data analysis/statistical problems by using GRASS. Emphasis will also be given to problems involving GRASS and other Open Source tools like R. Variogram analysis and kriging will be discussed in detailed along with how to analyze environmental spatial data with R and GRASS.