For research project-related questions, the consulting center will be offering free consultations through virtual “walk-in” hours. We welcome student and faculty researchers from any UCLA department, as well as Los Angeles and community researchers, with questions of appropriate scale. In order to attend one of these meetings, please do the following:
- View the virtual office hour availability calendar below to determine which consultant’s office hours you would like to attend.
- Send an email to the consultant specifying the time of the office hour you wish to attend as well as a short description of your research question. Please be sure that the message is sent at least 30 minutes before the time. The consultants’ email addresses can be found on this webpage.
- The consultant will respond with the zoom link and password that you will use to access the meeting.
- Before entering the zoom meeting, have the materials necessary for us to understand the statistical considerations of your project. Where applicable this includes but is not limited to:
• Formulated research question
• The dataset of interest or relevant summaries/figures
• An accompanying data dictionary explaining the data
• A working manuscript and/or report
• Demos and/or screenshots of any applicable technological IP related to the project
- The consultant will assist you as much as possible for the scheduled office hour. If the project/question cannot be appropriately addressed within the hour, you will be asked to schedule a follow-up meeting with the larger consulting team.
Below you will find a calendar with the availability of the consultants who are having virtual walk-in consulting hours. Please note that the center is closed during the summer quarter and university holidays. For consulting during the summer quarter, please schedule an appointment with the consulting team by sending an email with the project details to consulting (at) stat (dot) ucla (dot) edu.